Tuesday, 5 August 2014

CONTEMPORARY BLACKLISTING? RANDSTAD

My sister lives in Australia and about two years ago told me about a work presentation she'd attended by an organisation looking to provide her company with workers/staff. She worked for the YMCA at the time, who employ over 13,000 people over 600 locations.

She contacted me, as this presentation involved the demonstration of a recruitment software package. She informed me that during this software demonstration, that the person demonstrating this made specific references to being able to blacklist people and demonstrated how this was managed within the system. She said that he'd specifically used the word "blacklist", which obviously alerted her knowing about my experiences over here.

I didn't think much of it at the time as this was Australia, but I did go back to her sometime later to ask who the company was. She said it was Randstad. 

I did have a brief discussion with Justin Bowden about this at the time, but there was no connection to anything else we had, so I left it.

In the previous post about NRL, I refer to their recruitment software provider, Safe Computing and their Internet/Cloud based recruitment software. Their website boasts that 8 of the top 10 UK recruitment companies use their software, so I made a call into sales to ask who these companies were.

I was told Addeco, Blue Arrow, Impellam Group and Randstad...

Okay, so there is no definitive proof that any of these companies are blacklisting, but do we potentially have a couple of new pieces of the jigsaw?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment