Wednesday, 6 April 2016

CONTEMPORARY BLACKLISTING - BENT UNION OFFICIALS

As the High Court trial date nears, it is hard to ignore the many blacklisted workers' concerns on social media about Unite and Ucatt's sudden reluctance to support them past the part 36 offers.

This sudden withdrawal of support came as no surprise to me, as to why would such complicit trade unions in all this want to put themselves through the scrutiny of a full trial? A trial that would expose their own complicity and cover up (by Micky Tuff and Derek Simpson at Unite) as far back as 2005. 

If it were not for the diligence of myself and Steve Acheson, and the journalistic efforts of Rob Evans and Phil Chamberlain, Simpson and Tuff's attempted cover up would most certainly have succeeded and the Consulting Association would most definitely still be covertly working away behind the scenes.

The 700 or so who were fortunate to be represented at the High Court from 2012 will now receive substantial amounts of compensation as the construction companies use this legal tool (the part 36 offer) to avoid the full scrutiny of a trial. 

If the £5.6 million compensation for the 70 or so reported in the Daily Mirror is correct, then this could amount to over £50 million in total for the 700 or so. The rest of us got little (from the compensation scheme) or absolutely nothing.

Those who are being forced to accept the offers have my full sympathy, as we all want the full exposure of what happened to us to come out. But you picked those unions to represent you and you kept quiet (in full knowledge) about their complicity and attempted cover up for all this time.

All of which can be read about from the links at the foot of this post.

Considering everything we now know about the blacklisting, a lot can be done to get to the truth in all this with a fraction of that £50 million. A remaining 30 companies appear to have got off scot-free. One of these (Diamond M&E) is a currently trading recruitment/employment agency.

DIAMOND M&E 

AGENCY BLACKLISTING

Which brings me on to another concern being raised by blacklisted workers on social media. Contemporary blacklisting by employment agencies. From my own experience, I am certain that blacklisting subsequently extended beyond the construction companies to their (wall of protection) agency suppliers.

It is common knowledge that I currently have over fifty legal claims with the employment tribunal against Consulting Association members and their agency suppliers for breach of the new 2010 Blacklisting regulations.

It would not be sensible to report on these at this juncture, but they are live claims, accepted by the ET, and pre-hearings will soon be listed.

Help Refused

I am going to need some help with these, as (the same as it was back in 2005/2006), it is just me against the unlimited legal resources of these multi billion pound turnover companies.

I have recently reached out to Brian Rye at Ucatt and Jim Kennedy at Unite for help with these, but they have both now refused. They can never say they were not asked in my time of need.

Maybe I should have been less vocal about their union's complicity in all this? Who knows. But then I become part of the problem as I see it.

I have previously been a member of Unite (EETPU, Amicus) on a number of occasions in my career going back to 1979 to 1984 when I was a JIB indentured apprentice.  

I was a member of Amicus when I reached out to Derek Simpson in 2006, but could not continue to pay my subscriptions whilst out of work for so long following my prior departure from Balfour Beatty.

My Amicus membership form from 2005 is here:

A WAINWRIGHT - AMICUS MEMBERSHIP 

Micky Tuff did encourage me to rejoin the union back then, he did provide this application form from the boot of his car in a pub car park in Shropshire and he was promising to fully investigate the evidence I'd provided and make an application to head office to support my claim to the employment tribunal.

Behind the scenes however he was running my clock down and calling me a liar and then a compulsive liar to the union's lawyers (see correspondence below from Tuff to Amicus's lawyer).

MICKY TUFF LETTER (Pg1) 

MICKY TUFF LETTER (Pg2) 

On one hand Tuff is calling me a liar and on the other he's confiding in a close work colleague at Amicus at the time, Gareth Wallis. Wallis's facebook conversation with me reveals that Tuff told him he was ordered to stand down on the investigation into the blacklisting.

FACEBOOK CONVERSATION (Pg1) 

FACEBOOK CONVERSATION ((Pg2) 

FACEBOOK CONVERSATION (Pg6)

FACEBOOK CONVERSATION (Pg7)

FACEBOOK CONVERSATION (Pg8) 

Tuff is contradicting himself. On one hand he is calling me a liar to the union's lawyers and on the other he's confiding in work colleagues that he's being ordered to stand down on any investigation relating to the evidence I'd provided.

Evidence he calls "just a list of names". 
 
Wallis (who subsequently became a Labour Manager for Consulting Association member SPIE Matthew Hall) also makes reference to senior Amicus trade unionists such as Tommy Hardacre and their involvement in the blacklisting in these conversations. 

The Unite Cover Up

Q: Why therefore would senior officials like Mick Tuff and the then General Secretary, Derek Simpson attempt to cover this up?

A: £ millions

This is all explained in the BBC radio 4's The Report from 2013 (at 9:00 to 15:00 minutes)

BBC RADIO 4 - UNITE COVER UP 

Simpson subsequently received a £500,000 golden handshake when he retired.

DAILY TELEGRAPH - DEREK SIMPSON 
 
Roy Bentham v Laing O'Rourke

An email circular from the Blacklist Support Group in August 2012 revealed the following:

"Roy Bentham - blacklisted bricklayer from Merseyside has had his blacklisting Employment Tribunal thrown out for being "out of time".

This was again by Judge Brain in Manchester - he has thrown out virtually every case that has come in front of him -
Brain criticized UCATT during his summing up, saying the reason the case was considered "out of time" was due primarily due to the length of time the union sat on the file."

Legal Update

I am now receiving some legal help for my current claims, for which I am very grateful, but it's basically me against the unlimited legal resources of these multi billion pound turnover companies again.

Unite and Ucatt are not interested in providing any help, so I'm now reaching out to all you blacklisted workers who are about to receive this £50 million in compensation for help. 

You can put a fraction of that to good use if you really believe that contemporary blacklisting exists by getting behind my claims and providing a small donation towards my legal costs. 

Alternatively you can just take the money, turn a blind eye to your union's complicity and walk away. What you cannot do is subsequently moan that blacklisting is contemporary and that you are still affected by it. 

1. You are fully aware of your union's complicity and their attempts to suppress the exposure of the consulting agency between 2005 and 2009.

2. You also have an opportunity to get involved and support my claims, either by providing a fraction of your compensation to help my claims or alternatively lobbying your union to support me.

3. You should be using your collective power (and potentially some of your compensation) to lobby for a full independent investigation into your own union's complicity in all this.

BENT UNION OFFICIALS INDEX

THE TRADE UNIONS & THE BLACKLIST SUPPORT GROUP
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (1)  
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (2)  
THE TRIANGLE OF MONEY  
RUINED LIVES?  
CROSSRAIL & THE BLACKLISTING 
FRANK MORRIS & THE BLACKLISTING  
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (3)  
HYPOCRITES  
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (4)
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (5)  
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (6) 
CROSSRAIL PRESS RELEASE  
UNITE, UCATT & THE BLACKLISTING 
CROSSRAIL & THE BLACKLISTING  
ICO LETTER TO THE SCOTTISH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (7) 
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (8) 
2015 ELECTION 
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (9) 
BENT UNION OFFICIALS? (10) 

GUNEY CLARK RYAN
GUNEY CLARK RYAN & THE BLACKLISTING 


No comments:

Post a Comment