For fifteen years, blacklisted workers have been asked for their votes and their trust on promises that the truth would finally come out about Unite's complicity in blacklisting and the cover-up of evidence I first presented to the union in 2005 and 2006. That key evidence about the Consulting Association and a separate blacklist containing the names of more than 500 workers went to Unite regional official Mick Tuff and the then General Secretary, Derek Simpson. We now know that evidence was buried. It then took Steve Acheson and me another three years of pain and persistence before the Consulting Association was finally exposed. When information began to emerge that senior union officials had themselves been involved in blacklisting members, I continued working to expose that part of the scandal. I published numerous "Bent Union Officials" posts on this website, setting out the evidence I had uncovered. At a time when access to information online was far less devel...
This article sets out a series of questions which I am putting directly to Unite General Secretary Sharon Graham, Legal Director Stephen Pinder and the legal team conducting Unite's Independent Blacklisting Collusion Inquiry. I remain a member of Unite. I have spent more than twenty years providing the union with evidence about construction industry blacklisting and attempting to establish what happened to the workers affected. Before considering what Unite has done with that evidence, it is important to understand something which has been evident for at least the last thirteen years. There was not simply one construction blacklist. The evidence I have obtained over the years points to at least three different mechanisms through which information about construction workers was shared. Three different blacklisting systems 1. The Consulting Association The Consulting Association operated a centralised system between participating construction companies and the Consult...
Comments
Post a Comment